Sunday, December 9, 2012

Trust issues?

Anyone who knows me, knows I love to take vacations. Anyplace that's not home or work is the place for me.

But better yet, any place with lots of food is even better. And there is few places with more food than a cruise ship.

Today my husband offered to take me on a cruise mid-February, and at first I got really excited.

But then I got nervous. I realized that this trip would only be about 2 months away. A nice amount of time to get into a new routine for a better life, but not enough time for me to trust myself not to go too crazy with the breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner... Snacks, deserts...

So.... (Although my taste buds are frurious with me for making this decision)

I've decided not to go on the trip. It's a major decision and a huge step on my part, and I feel that it's the right one for my path right now.

Learning from my past, I know that trip would derail any progress I've made up until that point. Not just maybe it would throw me slightly off course... nope. It would completely and utterly derail me!

Maybe someday I will be able to trust myself enough to enjoy the cuisines on a cruise ship without sabotaging myself too completely, but not in 2 months.

So did I make the right decision? Sad though I feel about not getting away on a vacation in 2 short months, I'm proud that I made this choice for me! Now I'd better stay on track or else I'm going to be one bitchy non-vacationing woman come mid-feb, if I haven't lost a thing.

Oh, by the way... I think I did awesome this weekend :) just sayin

No comments:

Post a Comment