Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Carousel anyone?

I've made some very poor choices in my past. Sometimes, it takes a collaboration of good choices that all have to line up in order to make it to a goal.

I've been watching my calorie intake, and I feel that I'm actually doing pretty good with it. I'm confident this Friday will show a loss on the scale for me, and in turn, that is my goal.

However...I seriously need to choose to move my ass more often. I learned the hard way on Saturday that I'm way out of shape, when my Mom who is 30 year my senior (Love you Mom, you're amazing) was able to totally whip me at a simple work out DVD.  She didn't even break a sweat and I felt like I was ready to pass out and die.

I drank 3 bottles of water DURING that 30 minute exercise, and she didn't even need a sip.

Since then, I've meant to get on the treadmill; but haven't. I was supposed to do another DVD routine, but I didn't.

I have all kinds of good excuses... but that's all they are excuses. Choices. Choices that will lead me down the path that I'm so familiar with, and obviously too comfortable with. Failure.

Failure is not an option, it is a choice.

If I'm going to choose to win in life, I need to realize that everything I know, and everything I've been in the past is not the right path for me to succeed. I will just continue on this roller-coaster without ever getting off.

Well, I don't ever expect the ride to be over.. I know I'll be riding this ride for the rest of my life, but I REALLY want to make it to the Carousel. You know, the horses go up and down a little, but for the most part you go round and round... forever, at the same speed.

I want to make it to my Goal carousel ride. That will be the win for me. And right now, that ride is miles and miles away, and there is no train, or plane, or car that can take me there.. I have to get off my lazy bumm and move there!





No comments:

Post a Comment